Saturday, October 22, 2016

Our next book...

Our next book on the calendar is All Creatures Great and Small.
I need to apologize to all of you about this one.
  I admit that most of the books on our list are ones that I personally have not read yet, but wanted to.
All Creatures Great and Small has some excellent reviews and some really fun activities for us to engage in.
...BUT...
I just discovered that this book is 500 pages long!!  Ack!   Obviously, I wasn't aware of this fact when it was selected.
I know that I will not be able to read all 500 pages, and I certainly will not expect the students to, either.
I will be listening to this one via free audio book.
Please accept my apologies, and know that I've learned an important lesson about book selection research.   Let's make the best out of the situation, and read/listen to some version of the story so we can still enjoy our hands-on activities, imagining what life is like for a Country Veterinarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment