Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 12 and Week 13

Week 12

I thought I posted before Christmas break.  Guess I was soooo ready for the break, I mentally checkout out before I posted.  haha. 

For the last class before the break, we discussed more of Voyage of the Dawn Treader and learned a little about life at sea. Class ended with tying common knots used on board ships. 

Week 13

We spent the entire class time learning about the British Empire.

We watched a bunch of cool videos and discussed each of  them a little. 

A Great British Timeline



Rise and Fall of the British Empire



Understanding the difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain and England 



Brief History of the Royal Family

History of the Union Jack ( I now understand those old movies of Robin Hood that had the Kings guards dressed in white tunics with a red cross.  I always thought it had to do with the crusades.  Nope, that was the English flag then.) 


How Scotland joined Great Britain



And this last one because it was fascinating.
How many countries are there?


No comments:

Post a Comment